Visiting Berlin

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Antworten
perfahlen

Visiting Berlin

Beitrag von perfahlen »

Hello,

I'm visiting Berlin with some family members i late April - early May. Last time I went to Berlin I saw TeBe (of course!) and I'm doing my best to convince my family that we should see the match against Schwerin April 30th. Wish me luck! :)

I'm also hoping for your help. We're going back home to Sweden May 2nd. Do you have any suggestions about what to do when we're not watching TeBe? Will a lot of shops be closed April 30th and May 1st? What about demonstrations on May 1st, any areas we should avoid (or perhaps visit if we feel like demonstrating)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
mr. bungle
Re: Visiting Berlin

Welcome, Per. Are you the marathon man who visited us last year?

Shops will be open on the 30th of April and completely closed on the 1st of may. Maybe you'll like to see the "Myfest" taking place in Kreuzberg with lots of live venues (and some demonstrations in the evening). Very, very, very crowded, but maybe not the worst choice if you want to have some drinks and enjoy live music of all kinds. So much in brief.
"Ich bitte Sie höchst nachdrücklich, in der nächsten Bezirksamtssitzung für einen raschen und reibungslosen Umbau des Mommsenstadions einzusetzen. Eine ausdrückliche Zustimmung des Bezirks benötigen wir bis spätestens zum 15. Januar 2024." (Unbekannte Autorin.)
perfahlen

Beitrag von perfahlen »

Thanks for the welcome and for the helpful info, mr. bungle!

No, I'm afraid not. I don't even think I have the stamina to watch a marathon on tv... :) I visited Mommsenstadion in 2011, loved the relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
mr. bungle

perfahlen hat geschrieben:I don't even think I have the stamina to watch a marathon on tv... :)
TeBe Party Army and perfahlen - sounds like a perfect match! :)
"Ich bitte Sie höchst nachdrücklich, in der nächsten Bezirksamtssitzung für einen raschen und reibungslosen Umbau des Mommsenstadions einzusetzen. Eine ausdrückliche Zustimmung des Bezirks benötigen wir bis spätestens zum 15. Januar 2024." (Unbekannte Autorin.)
perfahlen

Beitrag von perfahlen »

mr. bungle hat geschrieben:
perfahlen hat geschrieben:I don't even think I have the stamina to watch a marathon on tv... :)
TeBe Party Army and perfahlen - sounds like a perfect match! :)
8-)
mr. bungle

perfahlen hat geschrieben:I'm visiting Berlin with some family members i late April - early May. ... I'm doing my best to convince my family that we should see the match against Schwerin April 30th. Wish me luck! :)
Did you succeed in convincing your family, or have you been ending up at some tourist trap? :) Anyway, if you'll be visiting the Myfest today, have fun!
perfahlen

Beitrag von perfahlen »

mr. bungle hat geschrieben:
perfahlen hat geschrieben:I'm visiting Berlin with some family members i late April - early May. ... I'm doing my best to convince my family that we should see the match against Schwerin April 30th. Wish me luck! :)
Did you succeed in convincing your family, or have you been ending up at some tourist trap? :) Anyway, if you'll be visiting the Myfest today, have fun!
I didn't manage to convince the family (they chose the fleamarket in Mauerpark) but I went to Mommsenstadion on my own. I wouldn't dream of visiting Berlin and missing out on a TeBe match!

See you next time I'm in town! 8-)
Antworten