Tel Aviv Derby Time!

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Antworten
Doughnut Boy Andy

Tel Aviv Derby Time!

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

Derby fever permeated throughout Hapoel Tel Aviv's training ground yesterday, as dozens of impassioned fans - equipped with the latest pyrotechnics - turned up to cheer, throw firecrackers and torches, and get their team psyched before tomorrow's derby with crosstown rival Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Over the last several days, Hapoel players have been hearing something quite unfamiliar and disconcerting - that their team is not the favorite to win.

"It doesn't matter that Maccabi is coming here as the favorite, the two teams are evenly balanced," Gil Vermouth said yesterday. "The fact that we are hosting the derby gives us a slight edge."

"The chances are 50-50," added Itay Shechter. "I believe in this club, and the fans will urge us on from the first minute."

Tottenham Hotspur and Birmingham City of the English Premiership have been closely following Shechter recently, and the striker's agent is expected to fly to the United Kingdom next week to clear the way for a possible signing in January 2011.

Hapoel coach Eli Guttman turned what had been planned as a tactical meeting into a motivational talk yesterday. "I don't have to explain to anyone the importance, prestige and meaning of this game," he said.
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/sp ... l-1.319188

Come on MTA!
Doughnut Boy Andy

Re: Tel Aviv Derby Time!

Rebuilt yellow-and-blue squad looks to beat rival reds for first time in more than 2 years.

After years of humiliation, Maccabi Tel Aviv will be looking to regain its lost pride when it visits Hapoel Tel Aviv at Bloomfield Stadium on Saturday night.

It has been more than two-and-a-half years since Maccabi last defeated Hapoel in a league derby, with only Dor Malul surviving from the yellow-and-blue team which recorded the 3-1 win on March 9, 2008.

Maccabi has lost four and drawn two of the six derby matches since, and after seeing its arch-rival claim the league and cup double last season, went on a spending spree over recent months in order to bring the team back on-par with Hapoel.
http://www.jpost.com/Sports/Article.aspx?id=191470
Doughnut Boy Andy

Damn. 1-0 to the reds because of a crappy goal in the first few minutes.
Endi

lame game. nice result.
"fluctuat nec mergitur"
Doughnut Boy Andy

Endi hat geschrieben:lame game. nice result.
Couldn't agree less. I thought the game was actually very watchable for Israeli standards, Maccabi having the edge but Hapoel always dangerous from standards and breaks. The early goal was annoyingly the worst of the good chances, a defensive slip leading to a fast break and a clinical finish, a brutal punishment for a Maccabi who played the rest of the game as if it were their home match. A bitter disappointment for Maccabi fans but very little to cheer about for Hapoel. Bad result. Nice game.
Endi

Doughnut Boy Andy hat geschrieben:
Endi hat geschrieben:lame game. nice result.
Couldn't agree less. I thought the game was actually very watchable for Israeli standards, Maccabi having the edge but Hapoel always dangerous from standards and breaks. The early goal was annoyingly the worst of the good chances, a defensive slip leading to a fast break and a clinical finish, a brutal punishment for a Maccabi who played the rest of the game as if it were their home match. A bitter disappointment for Maccabi fans but very little to cheer about for Hapoel. Bad result. Nice game.
you got me there. i´ve seen only the last half hour. was indeed better than TeBe vs. anker for example. :D
"fluctuat nec mergitur"
Doughnut Boy Andy

LOL. It was actually a good game. Far better than TeBe vs Anker and certainly better than Frankfurt vs Erna. Quick play, fighting spirit, great atmosphere and some nice combinations - for Israel quite amazing. Sadly just the one crap goal for the wrong team ;-)
Norbert

Beitrag von Norbert »

As you know I´m more with HTA - so for me: nice result :wink: Especially with this poor start of Hapoel into the season. But I didn´t watch the game anyway.

Whatever - I wouldn´t have mind so much if Maccabi had won the derby, since two fromer Borussia-players now play for them, btw - good performance by Colautti and Alberman?

"Maccabi officials appeared more concerned yesterday about the expected appearance of Mitch Goldhar in the stands. "All my investment in the club is concentrated into this one game," the team owner said. "I wouldn't miss the derby for anything in the world."

A bit too much for me this statement. Does that mean Mitch Goldhar will now drop Maccabi into the gossip? Well - I hope for them not and it was just the typical brawl before a derby...
Antworten