OL 10/11 Game 14: Neustrelitz vs. TeBe

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Antworten
Norbert

OL 10/11 Game 14: Neustrelitz vs. TeBe

Beitrag von Norbert »

Including the wind chill factor, the temperatures this past sunday went down to minus 7°Celsius! Not really an ideal way to celebrate our favorite pastime by standing on the terraces and freezing like a bunch of little penguins at the southpole. However - some twenty or so die-hard fans of our beloved club were so passionate to make the trip via Regional Train to Neustrelitz - a town in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern near the border to Brandenburg with 20.000 citizens. Maybe a dozen more preferred to go by car.

The hope to grab some or at least one point diminished soon. Ben-Hatira (a former TeBe-player and one of the best in this match) scored his first goal in the 13. minute. Lovely pass by Rogoli from the left wing into the box and Ben-Hatira did not have any difficulties at all with his header into the goal. Even before that the TSG already missed two chances. Especially in the first half TeBe played just too bad for them. Our defense was constantly under pressure, often the first or second pass out of the own box to establish an attack was a failure - due to the decent forechecking Neustrelitz played almost throughout the whole match.

The second goal we conceded came in the 30. minute: again a weak try to play the ball into the half of Neustrelitz was sufficiently interrupted by the TSG-squad, then a brilliant combination through our midfield/defense as if they were just a couple of flagpoles - this time Ben-Hatira finished the attack by foot. To underline the supremacy of the northmen one must frankly admit that TeBe didn´t has one shot (or one chance) towards the goal of them in the first half.

The second half was a little bit better - at least we created a good chance. It was after a free kick when a header of us hit the goal post. Well - that was it. On the other side Neustrelitz made it better: Rogoli shot his free kick from half-right wing position dangerously towards the back post (or should I write the long post?), from the post the ball deflected into 12 - 16 legs of defenders and attackers - I am not sure but I guess that after Ban-Hatira shot the ball deflected from one of our players (maybe Toure) into the goal. Almost an own goal.

The last goal (4:0 was the final result) came around the 80th minute. Neustrelitz totally deserved this high win. One of our best players was the goalie - that says it all I think. We never got a grip on this game. It seemed that Neustrelitz always was quicker. Faster in thinking and faster in playing a very decent football with high pressure against us in our own half.

Last week we just made a draw against Schöneiche - an opponent in the relegation-struggle. These two points lost now turns out to be even more a disadvantage. We have just 10 points - taken the many goals conceded into account, the 10 points appear more than 9 and-a-half points. We are still in touch with the squads ahead of us - but they all have to play one (or even two matches) yet. So if they win their matches and we loses our last game against Rathenow in the first leg of the season, we slowy but steadily lose contact to the other weak squads! To make it short: we are in a very dangerous situation! We soon have to regain some self esteem to get the very much needed 3-pointer next weekend against Optik Rathenow (another team which could struggle - they have just 16 points themselves out of 14 matchdays).

Now we need a comeback!
Doughnut Boy Andy

Re: OL 10/11 Game 14: Neustrelitz vs. TeBe

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

Thanks for the match report Norbert, a really great effort. I unfortunately did not feel like attending due to family issues but would have loved to see my old friend Neustrelitz again. Your report made up for that a little ;-) Although I also share your concern - we don't have enough points - the frustration is that we cannot do very much about this until February because I cannot see much football being played until then. Hopefully this will give the team a chance to grow together even more and build on the vast improvement that they have made so far. So go easy on the turkey and the chocolate boys and keep training. In the return leg of the season we are going to need to steal a few extra points here and there. The fat lady is not singing yet.
Antworten