Match 4: Trabzonspor vs TeBe

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Antworten
Doughnut Boy Andy

Match 4: Trabzonspor vs TeBe

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

Well I went to the pub for my Super Sunday expecting some tight defending and a strategic managerial battle on the pitch. I ended up seeing 22 goals with Spurs 1 City 5, United 8 Arsenal 2 and Zaragoza 0 Real 6.

So with the Berlin League already having a "no defence" reputation it is ironic that TeBe ended up with a 1-1 draw.

I was not there so there is little to say about the game and at this early stage in the season the fan reports in the German language section vary a lot too. General agreement seems to be that we were lucky to have equalised at the end of the first half, Trabzonspor being notably better in the first 45 minutes. But reports then suggested that a second half performance with some substance and some good moves gave most fans the impression that a draw was a fair result and a few even were a little disappointed that we did not score a second. Generally the defence seems to be causing some concern but only conceding one goal is a step in the right direction and apart from a few pessimists there are some positive signs there.

Before the game the TeBe fans had a group picnic on the large park that was once Tempelhof airport's runway and landing field. After the game a reasonable crowd popped down the road to see Norbert play softball. I don't know if he won. Maybe he will fill us in there.

Uncle Andi has uploaded some photosand videos. Thanks to him.

Next match is Friday away in the cup. I cannot make that though.

SV Norden-Nordwest 98 - TeBe 02.09.11, 19:30 Uhr

Next league match is at home next Tuesday night so I will see some of you there!

TeBe - Erna 03 Zehlendorf 06.09.11, 19:30 Uhr

Tonight's friendly match against TUS Makkabi has sadly been called off due to illness in the TUS camp. Get well soon.
Norbert

Re: Match 4: Trabzonspor vs TeBe

Beitrag von Norbert »

Doughnut Boy Andy hat geschrieben:After the game a reasonable crowd popped down the road to see Norbert play softball. I don't know if he won. Maybe he will fill us in there.
I really didn´t expect so many to come to the ballgame - so thanx again for the kind visit and support. Hope that the crowd at least got some basics of the rules and hopefully it wasn´t too confusing for them and at least got some entertainment. My team won by 12 runs to 8. Very solid defense, especially the outfield and our 2nd baseman, aggressive and intelligent baserunning and just good enough at bats - and - except the 5th inning - Nina pitched brillant (as usual). Unfortunately I was just in the dug-out to back us up and to make some noise.

Thanx again for the matchreport summary. I am already looking forward to the cup match against Norden-Nordwest, finally my first TeBe-game (except the TeBe II) in the season! In the league we are - after four matches - right in the middle of the table. Odd thing is, that we scored 11 goals but also conceded 11 - that´s the highest goal-rate in the league! But I guess that when we till the end of the season can stick to the our current rank (which is 9th place), it´s a good thing to do!
Antworten