S.African fan sees record 38 World Cup matches

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Antworten
Doughnut Boy Andy

S.African fan sees record 38 World Cup matches

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

CAPE TOWN — Thulani Ngcobo will have travelled 17,000 kilometres (10,000 miles), endured vitamin jabs to boost his sleep-deprived system, and can no longer face a FIFA-sanctioned stadium hotdog.
But on Sunday, the World Cup final will be the football fanatic's 38th match, after winning an uber-fan challenge's grand prize that made him the Guinness World Records holder for most games watched at football's biggest event.
"Everyone in the world would like to be me," said the 29-year-old asset controller from Pretoria.
Guinness set the never-attempted record at 20 games -- which Ngcobo passed on June 25, with a certificate handed over after post-match footage and witness forms confirmed his presence from the first to final whistle.
The schedule was planned for months with a car waiting outside stadiums as he galloped between host cities, with one day clocking up 3,000 kilometres for four games in 48 hours.
A cancelled flight once saw him arrive two minutes after kick-off, one of seven matches that didn't count toward his record, which will stand officially at 31.
"I haven't missed a game," said Ngcobo, who snatched sleep while travelling but says he immediately revived once in stadiums.
"This is a dream come true to me and it's once in a lifetime. If something comes like this, you need to pull yourself up and you must make sure you do whatever that you can do to succeed."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... noua10FkCg

Respect, though I bet he wished that he had slept through at least six of the England and France games.
Diego Armando Eigenrauch

Re: S.African fan sees record 38 World Cup matches

Beitrag von Diego Armando Eigenrauch »

Na/Ja sicher!
joerk

Beitrag von joerk »

hält den record nich der kaiser samt heli seit 2006?
effzehemm
Doughnut Boy Andy

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

I thought the same thing, but perhaps the Kaiser was not officially a "fan" but some sort of host or ambassador.
Antworten