OL 10/11 Game 4: Torgelow vs. TeBe

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Antworten
Norbert

OL 10/11 Game 4: Torgelow vs. TeBe

Beitrag von Norbert »

The Doughnut Boy didn´t make the away trip to Torgelow. But I like those reports much so I thought the english speaking section doesn´t deserve a break in this OL 10/11 campaign of TeBe which is going to be a very crucial one (forgive me DBA for promoting myself to your substitute).

The opponent - Torgelower SV Greif - had a quite decent start into the season with 2 wins against Hühnerhof and Schöneiche, followed by a humble perfomance that resulted in a 0:3 loss against local rival Neustrelitz. After the sensational performance of fighting spirit of TeBe last match against Ludwigsfelde (the 1:1 draw), I thought it will be a tough task but not an impossible mission to make another draw in this away match (or perhaps even 3 points?).

About 50 supporters in violet & white followed the squad to the north-east of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, not far away from the polish border. The weather was quite nice (clear sky and sunshine through all the match) and the ground (the Gießerei-Arena) is - as we already knew - a small but beautiful one.

In the first half the performance of TeBe was quite o.k. Some good attacking combinations that created several dangerous situations for the defense of Torgelow. But besides a magnificent shot (I think by Condé) that hit the bar, there were no real chances for TeBe. As the game developed Torgelow gained more and more control of the play. TeBe still had some counter attacks but almost none came through all the way down to the box of Torgelow. The "Greifen" created a handful decent attacks but our defense were for the first half an hour or so still solid. I think some ten minutes or so before the half time whistle a long pass frome the right attacking side of Torgelow found all the way to Pankau - the best attacker of them. He made a brilliant volley shot and scored.

Unfortunately TeBe got weaker in the second half. Torgelow played a good pressure football now with solid combinations through the midfield and dangerous attacks. Our defensive play got worse with more and more errors in the position play so the Greifen-attackers created a couple of good chances - and goals for Torgelow. Final score was 4:0 for them! Despite this harsh defeat - the moral of our squad seems to be still at a high level. They came to our stand and shaked hands with us and gave us applaus for the never-ending support for TeBe.

Nevertheless - it is tough to be blown away 4:0. Despite some decent play especially in the first half - there are still many deficits which even a die hard supporter has to recognize. The only 100%-chance of TeBe was by the way not a product of a good combination play, the nice shot came more or less out of nothing.

We all have to be patient and full of hope. In the next couple of games there is nothing much to do but to hope for the best and expect the worst. And to get on with this fantastic support such as yesterday at the away stand in Torgelow. I still think that Yildiz will be successful in developing this squad into a decent OL-squad. But well as I mentioned it will be a tough task to avoid relegation.

Come on TeBe with hope in your hearts!
mr. bungle
Re: OL 10/11 Game 4: Torgelow vs. TeBe

I thought the english speaking section doesn´t deserve a break in this OL 10/11 campaign
No break at all in 10/11? Well, that's quite a challenge - just 26 matches to go...;) - Nice match report at any rate, dba has found the perfect deputy! As you already stated, there's still a lot of work on the plate to do for Teddy and the guys, but I keep staying optimistic - even if I wasn't too satisfied with the second half's performance where neither pressure on the Torgelow goal nor an efficient defense work could be put up. All the more Tennis can be really proud of its supporters who were backing the team all over the match and even after the final whistle. If this great attitude can be kept up during the campaign, this will definitely help to gain the one or another point, no doubt about it. - A lot could be even reported about the unlikeable home supporters and their disgusting "security" squad, but I prefer to go to bed instead of wasting any more thougts on them and their stupid comments on the internet. They're scum and they don't even know they are...
"Ich bitte Sie höchst nachdrücklich, in der nächsten Bezirksamtssitzung für einen raschen und reibungslosen Umbau des Mommsenstadions einzusetzen. Eine ausdrückliche Zustimmung des Bezirks benötigen wir bis spätestens zum 15. Januar 2024." (Unbekannte Autorin.)
Doughnut Boy Andy

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

Thanks Norbert for the amazing report. Quality stuff, I am very pleased!

I was not expecting (m)any points from the first 6 or 7 games and considering Torgelow probably earned more money from their first round cup game against Hamburg SV than TeBe have for their whole squad, it is not a surprising result.

Worrying again is the comment that TeBe seemed to lack something in the second half because even if our squad is still not gelling perfectly our fitness should be up to standard by now. Ironic really that our only point so far came from a late equalizer, I guess.

It is a shame to hear that there was trouble with fans and security in Torgelow. I have very fond memories of our first ever game there, the beautiful stadium, the warm toilets, the cheap and friendly beers and catering and the disco tent... not to mention the nice fans who had a beer or three with us after the game in the pub. I still have a club history book and a badge at home. I hope that the return leg may be a chance to make up for any stress this time.
mr. bungle

Doughnut Boy Andy hat geschrieben:It is a shame to hear that there was trouble with fans and security in Torgelow. I have very fond memories of our first ever game there, the beautiful stadium, the warm toilets, the cheap and friendly beers and catering and the disco tent... not to mention the nice fans who had a beer or three with us after the game in the pub. I still have a club history book and a badge at home.
I guess the toilets are still warm... All in all the visit was quite a gross experience to me. The security chief of the club was really disgusting, had a "nice" discussion with him. In order to take some photographs I spend the second half in the home supporters area and heard a lot of grim Nazi stuff by a small group of men in their thirty-somethings. Later on, after the final whistle, Greifs striker Daniel Pankau came to them and they were chitchatting for a longer time as if they were close friends. No, this club is in deep disfavour with me - if I had to chose my favourite Oberliga club from this region, I'd definitely stick with their local rivals from Neustrelitz. Parts of their audience may be crappy as well, but somehow I always liked it to be there. Already looking forward to our away match there.
"Ich bitte Sie höchst nachdrücklich, in der nächsten Bezirksamtssitzung für einen raschen und reibungslosen Umbau des Mommsenstadions einzusetzen. Eine ausdrückliche Zustimmung des Bezirks benötigen wir bis spätestens zum 15. Januar 2024." (Unbekannte Autorin.)
Antworten