OL 10/11 Game 5: TeBe vs Nordsachsen 2

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Antworten
Doughnut Boy Andy

OL 10/11 Game 5: TeBe vs Nordsachsen 2

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

Well on Friday at 7pm, after downing some cheap beers on the underground and hoping the holes in my coat do not let in too much rain, I will be ready to go... Adam Green will start his set on the main stage at the Berlin Festival and I will be listening to him and pacing my drinking so as not to fall asleep before Fat Boy Slim ends the first night at about 5am the next morning. Then off back to my flat for some beauty sleep before repeating the plan with different bands and a hangover later on Saturday.

Sadly Sunday's important and quite interesting derby against Nordsachsen 2 has however been moved to Friday night because of some rather rubbishy sounding excuse and I will not be able to attend both events. Having already paid for my festival ticket, the decision was made for me. Well it is not as if TeBe fans are the sort of people to be interested in music festivals, is it? But on the bright side, if the club persist on playing all their games on a Friday night then TeBe may be the first professional team to spend more money on floodlighting than wages.

Even if I hate dancing in the mud, I will continue to do my rain dance and pray for a cancellation.

*disappointed look*
Norbert

Re: OL 10/11 Game 5: TeBe vs Nordsachsen 2

Beitrag von Norbert »

Do not be to disappointed Doughnut Boy - we just lost straight 2:0. And: there was no rain pouring down on us, at least.

This time I was a bit beside the legendary É-Block, to squaff some beers and to have a nice chat with an old friend (and former comrade) of me. Nevertheless we watched the play - and it was quite awfull to realize that we are still a "Punktelieferant".

First dangerous situation, long pass to the right attackin side of Nordsachsen, then a good pass to the box - and the ball crossed our line! Just some 10 minutes after they (=Nordsachsen) made another decent approach to attack our goal, our defense was not quite aware of our poor position play on the right side, the ball came back - then it was striked in. Very simple!

After 20 minutes we were 2:0 down! Very difficult task, but we have to admit that TeBe always tried to create some opportunities on the other side. We had a couple of them, but unfortunately we busted them all. To be frank - there was no 100%er. Not even close (maybe the situation after one corner).

Kim - he is the southkorean newbie who just recently got the permission to play - had a quite nice chance for a counter attack in the middle of the second half, but he busted as well.

To be honest: Nordsachsen II deserved the win. We were just not close enough to earn a draw. We just have one thing at least: hope. We just hope that Kalkan, MAgri and Kim soon will stabilize our system to play - and that we hopefully catch some points to avoid relegation.

The E-Block was just amazing! We cheered them up all the way till the final whistle! The players came to the stands after the game and made handshakes. No excuse. No blame. Just hope. And believe. Neither less nor more!

Once more into the breach! ... (fucking pathetic, I know;-)
Doughnut Boy Andy

Re: OL 10/11 Game 5: TeBe vs Nordsachsen 2

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

Well the airport location is amazing, finally a festival without mud and camping.
Despite longish queues the crowd was super friendly - a lot of international visitors.

Adam Green was somewhere between amusing and dull, but a nice start to the whole thing.
The LCD Soundsystem were very entertaining indeed.
Bon Homme or Fever Ray did not really do anything for me.
The Editors were not really my thing but also worth a look and a fun show.
Atari Teenage Riot were just awful and were the first band to make embarrassing political statements. Some German left wingers "danced" at the front and the rest of the world just looked on in confusion and disgust.
Boemklatsch/ 2ManyDJs started to get people dancing again and things livened up a bit.
Then the music went off and we were told that Fat Boy Slim would not play as the police had cancelled the festival for the day.
The crowd threw plastic cups on stage rather symbolically but the atmosphere was friendly but frustrated.
Now today's line-up has been changed with all the bands anyone wanted to see playing at the same time and everything shutting by about 10pm.
It is a f-ing scandal how crap the organisation has been,.

As for the game.... ;-)

Thanks for the report Norbert and thanks to those who kept me informed of the scoreline during the evening. Now the team is complete, I can only hope that we start getting some points. I heard that our defence was rather weak in places and the goals were nothing special. In fact Nordsachsen 2 were pretty bland themselves, I hear, and there were no ringers in the team from their first squad. There can be no excuses anymore for fitness issues or simple mistakes. Hope is still alive for sure, but the results will have to come soon if we are to survive - because we cannot leave it all the second half of the season or bank on some other teams in the league going bankrupt. We need points.

Sad to hear that some thugs from Nordsachsen planned an attack on TeBe fans in the city train after the game. TeBe fans do not promote violence themselves and have no hooligan groups looking for a fair match so the whole thing is disgusting. Shocking too that these brave Nordsachsen hools were in effect throwing bottles at families with children. What cowardly assholes. I hope that everybody attacked is safe and that they will not let such idiots stop them from enjoying friendly football in the future.
Antworten