OL 10/11 Game 6: Hansa II vs. TeBe

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Antworten
Norbert

OL 10/11 Game 6: Hansa II vs. TeBe

Beitrag von Norbert »

Well - it was one of those days. After we concede (like every time!) a stupid goal (this time in the 10th minute or so), we play a quite decent match. For a while. A short while. Our defense was aware of it, well - for a few minutes.

Then: the desaster took place. A rather good shot from the left edge of the box. A freekick, then a header to another player (from left) who just had to knick the fuckin´ball in with his bold head. Another strike from 30 yards or so happened. Nearly at the end of the first half Hansa made their 5th goal - I was on the loo, so I missed that. But I was told that our defense was unaware of the dangerous situation once again.

1:5 behind at halftime! After the blow of the referees whistle, TeBe played better - for about five minutes or so. After that it was almost the same shit than first half. To express it in the words of "Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy": mostly harmless!

Two dreadful mistakes in our defense in the second half - and Hansa elaborated their lead into a 7:1. Without any effort, without any "steam" - when you know what I mean! There were some trials by TeBe to establish some counter attacks - but it just did´nt work out. Absolutely no task for the defense of Hansa!

After this onslaught, I fear for TeBe. I fear, that we might lose the touch to the other weak teams in this league and I fear that our moral will get lost within the next couple of matches! The defeat was not unavoidable, but we didn´t manage to organize our way of playing football well enough. Well - maybe we just have to realize that we are just not good enough to avoid relegation.

I am helpless. I don´t know. In a dark mood of despair I would like to end this report with a quote of Cambronne "La Garde meurt mais ne se rend pas"...
Doughnut Boy Andy

Re: OL 10/11 Game 6: Hansa II vs. TeBe

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

Thanks for the report Norbert... I feel your pain.
Norbert

Re: OL 10/11 Game 6: Hansa II vs. TeBe

Beitrag von Norbert »

Cheers Mate. btw - is there a similar say in English for "geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid"?

I think Hornby was it that wrote in Fever Pitch that around 90% of your time as a football supporter is just pain, agony, despair. But for the other 10% it´s worth to go on. Well - as a gunner he maybe exaggerated a little bit, nevertheless I think it´s true.
Antworten