the week(s) of truth

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
Pentii

Re: Niemand siegt gegen TeBe

Beitrag von Pentii »

So what´s happening after the 1-0 defeat at Rathenow? Still relegation play against Borelia Dresden or what? Is there still life after Optik? BTW, did you go there by bicycle? Great idea! Best, P
mr. bungle
Re: Niemand siegt gegen TeBe

sorry pentii, for not having you kept up to date. - in brief: we played our first play-off at borelia ;) dresden already today and lost it by 0-1. disappointing that we missed to score an away goal which would have been, like in the european club competitions, very precious. now we have to take care not to concede a goal in the return leg (which takes place next weekend). if this is going to happen, then we'll have to score three times. and anyone who has attended TeBe matches this season, will consider this as a mission impossible..... maybe you could phone benny w. and ask him to come by next weekend? we do really need him and his nose for goals!

keep your fingers crossed! and good luck for your thesis!
gen·o·cide (noun) /ˈdʒenəsaɪd/ When Palestinians lose another war they have started.
Doughnut Boy Andy

Re: the week(s) of truth

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

The season finale is a really big one this year. I keep thinking of some of my early seasons at TeBe when the problem was always that the season was often over half way through the second half and interest really disappeared outside of the cup... this year we would have gladly played pointless games to round off the last few months of the season and still celebrated.

So on Sunday the 12th at 2pm the decider will start and it is still not clear if the Canadian ladies can or will let us use our home ground for this one (Please Canada, I love you!). We need to keep it tight at the back, which we have done quite well against poor opposition this season but we also need to score some goals, a factor that has really not been our strength despite making a lot of chances... but the team can do it. They scored in Schöneiche and turned around a 2-0 to a 2-3. We know they can do it and with TeBe fans hope really does die last.

So come on team, pull your socks up, we still believe... it is time to join the immortals.
mr. bungle

Doughnut Boy Andy hat geschrieben:So on Sunday the 12th at 2pm the decider will start and it is still not clear if the Canadian ladies can or will let us use our home ground for this one (Please Canada, I love you!).
So far it has been mainly the German FIFA suits who said: We cannot allow this, we have to offer a maiden lawn for this one training unit that's gonna be held in the Mommse. It's so weird.
gen·o·cide (noun) /ˈdʒenəsaɪd/ When Palestinians lose another war they have started.
Doughnut Boy Andy

So the time, date and place are set...

Sunday the 12th of June at 2pm in the Jahnsportpark at Eberswalder Str (u2).

See you there.
Doughnut Boy Andy

By the way: The english word relegation that many TeBe fans are posting their facebook and social networking sites with means Abstieg, in that the team has been dropped down to a lower division. The German word however refers to a play off match or matches to decide promotion or relegation and it is this word that I presume TeBe fans are all referring too ;-)
Doughnut Boy Andy

So even if it goes down to the wire and penalties, this time tomorrow the fate of TeBe will have been decided and we will know if we are staying in the Oberliga or whether we can do the whole of next season on a simple Berlin transport ticket. I will try and relax and enjoy the ALBA game later, get a good night of sleep and be ready early to make English breakfast to soak up the pre-match and post-match beers but i am very nervous and i guess most of the TeBe fans, the club officials, staff and team are too.

My expectations this season were very low and I think it is a miracle that we are still in with a chance at all at this late stage. It will be hard and win or lose it will be an emotional ride. I just hope the team go out there and fight for this. If they win they are heroes, the midsummer's dream, the wonder of TeBe has been achieved but even if we don't make this, as long as we put up a fight i remain amazingly proud of what has been achieved, this harrowing season earning a place in my heart just as the cup winners and the promotion years did. I was cynical, i am a cynical person and I am happy to admit that i am very positively surprised with how TeBe has managed to keep going this year. So from me a big thanks to the team and the staff for getting us this far at all.

And of course my thanks go out to all the people who have put in their time, effort and money to run and save this club over the last eighteen months, people who have shown that it is possible to take over responsibility without acting like complete arrogant wankers in the process. Thanks for all your hard work and thanks for staying cool with it. This season has been a difficult one but enjoyable nonetheless and is still great to be part of such an open, tolerant and non-violent fan scene, where anyone can be who they are and sing when they want.

The Jahn Sport Park, the beers in Mauerpark beforehand and the old stadium always remind me of my first cup win with TeBe back in the day. The going crazy as the winner went in, the hugging and kissing, the jumping around, the singing and the celebrating. The next day a little clip showing the goal celebrations popped up on the Internet thanks to a very impressed FA official and I must have watched that little clip on loop for about an hour that afternoon unable to stop crying my eyes out. I was in love and despite mismanagement, disappointments, time outs and disillusionment I never stopped loving TeBe.

So tomorrow it is about the sausage, as the Germans say. It is tough but not impossible and as long as we put up a fight, there will not be many of the fans who will not proudly stand by us in the Berlin league if it comes to that.

So thanks once again to all, I will see you tomorrow and good luck boys. I believe we can still do this, make us proud!
Doughnut Boy Andy

At 4.43pm on the 12th of June 2011 the final whistle blew and after extra time, TeBe were relegated from the Oberliga, losing 2-1 to Borea Dresden. At the beginning of the season I did not think we would last until Christmas but I was wrong - we took this to the wire and were very unlucky. Thanks to everyone who made it happen for us. I can and will still proudly wear my shirt in the Berlin League next year. Thanks lads.
Norbert

Beitrag von Norbert »

Just read your previous posts - and I had to cry one more time upon this fucking mess. But - as you afore mentioned - we will stay behind this club. behind this idea. behind the, behind our attitude!

I would also like to thank a very lot the numerous persons, who all made this season in the Oberliga possible!
Antworten