First Match

For our friends from all around the world to discuss in any non-german language
The Israeli Brothers

First Match

Beitrag von The Israeli Brothers »

Hi everyone,
I'm very excited for the first match tomorrow.
I'll be happy if someone will summarize it for me and all the fans out of Germany

Go TeBe Go !
Markus

Re: First Match

Beitrag von Markus »

Normally our perfectly english-speaking friend DBA does good summaries of each match. So you don't have to worry!
Denis

Beitrag von Denis »

Dont worry at all. There will be summarys :)
"In den letzten Jahren gab es sehr viele Sponsoren die sich wg. der Rothersgruppierungen von Verein wieder abgewendet haben."
Doughnut Boy Andy

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

I will do my best and Bungle and Norbert are also usually on fire if I get too drunk to remember and too hungover to type.

The match today starts at 3.30pm, fans are meeting either outside the stadium from 2pm or at Belushis bar from about midday if you want to enjoy some cricket first.

Season tickets will be available at a special turnstile.

Our opponent is BFC Preussen, who also used to be a regular Oberliga team a few years ago.

I hope we win.

"Preussen satt Borussia" is usually the traditional motto for this game. It is however sadly untranslatable but the joke lies in the fact that both words mean Prussia. Its a nerdy thing... ask Norbert.
felix

Beitrag von felix »

Doughnut Boy Andy hat geschrieben:"Preussen satt Borussia" is usually the traditional motto for this game. It is however sadly untranslatable but the joke lies in the fact that both words mean Prussia. Its a nerdy thing... ask Norbert.
well, it's quite simple: preussen/preußen (german), prussia (english) and borussia (latin) all mean exactly the same.
but the real prussians (prußen/pruzzen in german) were baltic "heathens" who got eliminated/assimilated by christian germans (-> the teutonic knights) - wich later on just got their name from the land that they lived on.

but @dba just forgot a T in his posting and put it the wrong way round. it's "Borussia statt Preussen ", not "Preussen satt Borussia" (statt = not/instead of)
I'm bored.
I'm the chairman of the bored.
Norbert

Beitrag von Norbert »

Don´t get too drunk my dear Doughnut Boy. I´m sitting here at my mom´s flat in Mönchengladbach and looking forward to the first home match of "my" home-Borussia against the mighty VfB Stuttgart. So for this time and up until the 22th of august I unfortunately can´t attend the first couple of TeBe-Matches. So no possibility of a match report by me.

Nevertheless I cross my fingers and hope that the silversurfer will send me a short message with a TeBe-win this late afternoon! Greets to all of you, make a good support and have fun!
Denis

Beitrag von Denis »

before someone of the others is ready to write a match report, here is the most important information: TeBe 6 - preussen 2 !!! what a great start into this season.
"In den letzten Jahren gab es sehr viele Sponsoren die sich wg. der Rothersgruppierungen von Verein wieder abgewendet haben."
Doughnut Boy Andy

Beitrag von Doughnut Boy Andy »

As my boss says above, we won 6-2. Kiss my balls! Who imagined that? Great!

Report to follow soon...
The Israeli Brothers

Great !
I'm very happy to hear it.

Can i have a link to the table of the league ?
To the result ? Even if it's in german i'll google translate it

Thanks
The Israeli Brothers

I already found it....
Antworten